The Invisalign system is unique in that it straightens teeth without requiring a patient to wear braces.
Instead, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable plastic aligners to move your teeth into position. They’re custom-made to fit your smile and are discreet so that no one needs to know you’re having treatment.
What’s more, Invisalign clear aligners won’t interfere with your lifestyle because you can take them out to eat, brush, floss and enjoy your favourite activities.
Invisalign involves wearing a set of fitted clear aligners over your teeth for a designated amount of time. Each set of trays is custom designed to move your teeth a predetermined amount and then to be swapped out for a fresh pair about every 1 to 2 weeks.
The cost of Invisalign treatment depends on a few factors such as the length of the treatment and the complexity of the treatment plan. As a rough guide, you can expect to pay between $2,000 and $8,000.
Invisalign has limitations and may not be suited for everyone, especially those who have extremely overcrowded teeth; active gum disease; lots of cavities or poor oral hygiene; and the inability to commit to wearing the aligners as prescribed.
- Using Invisalign software, the dentist will create a customised 3D treatment plan. This will also give our patients an idea of the length of treatment.
- The customised aligners will be made and sent back to us.
- Your series of customised aligners will be given to you, usually 3 to 4 sets at a time, for you to wear every day, and change approximately every 1 to 2 weeks.
- You will visit us every 6 to 8 weeks to monitor the progress and receive the next series of retainers.
- When treatment is completed, you will be asked and encouraged to maintain your new smile using a retainer.
Invisalign treatment time can range from 3 to 18 months, depending on the severity of the problem. Some people start noticing a difference from Invisalign in as little as two weeks, while others may need up to six months to start seeing results.